About the Grant
Since its inception in 2005, Medjaden has always been committed to helping scholars from non-native English-speaking countries, especially from Mainland China, to present their latest research in international journals. To encourage and support graduate students and young scientists to design better research studies and perform quality experiments,Medjaden founded the "Research Grant for Young Scientists", as part of our effort to further fulfill our commitment and meet our social responsibilities. As a seed grant designed to encourage and support young scientists, the grant aims to support all basic and clinical research projects in any biomedical science field.
We hope that with the help of the grant, young Chinese scientists can pursue their research ideas, enhance their research capacity, gain key experiences in research, and be better prepared to apply for high-level grants, such as those from the National Natural Science Foundation of China.
Through 2023, the Medjaden Research Grant for Young Scientists had awarded a total of RMB1007000.00 in funding to recipients.
Criteria for Applicants
1. The study design (basic/clinical) for the proposed research must be original, feasible, and likely to produce significant results.
2. The first author of the (basic/clinical) study must be aged 35 years or younger and have never received support in any form from Medjaden.
3. The maximum amount of funding available is RMB25000/project.
For more information, please send an email to email@example.com.
1. The applicant must complete the application form and print the final version;
2. The application form must be signed by the applicant as well as the director of the applicant’s research department and stamped with the official seal of the research department.
3. Both printed and electronic versions of the application form, the applicant’s resume both in Chinese and English, and a copy of proof of age (such as ID card, student card, or work permit) should be submitted. All the above information will be kept strictly confidential by Medjaden.
4 The electronic versions of the application materials must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org the printed versions should be mailed to the following address:
Room 1201, Block D, Jinyuan World Center, 21 Yue Fei Street, Zhongshan Road, Jiang’an District, Wuhan 430010.
Acceptance and Review Procedures
1. The grant application period is open from November 1 to November 30 every year (both electronic and printed versions of the application documents should be filed during this period).
2. The Academic Department of Medjaden initially screens the format of all application documents and announces the preliminary results in mid-December. Applications that pass the preliminary review will be further reviewed by the panel of experts on the Medjaden Academic and Research Grant Management Committee.
3. In February or March of the following year, Medjaden will announce the final winners and transfer the grant funds to the applicants’ institutions.